BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU
of WESTERN MICHIGAN, INC
News Release #20120207
Contact: Phil Catlett, President
616.774.8230 - 800.684.3222
A national tax preparation company, Mo Money Taxes, is leaving many consumers with serious questions. The home office of Mo Money Taxes is in Memphis, TN, and police in Norfolk, VA have confiscated computers and shut the business there. The West Michigan location is at 101 E Broadway Ave, Muskegon Heights, MI 49444-2166, and calls to that location are being forwarded to voicemail.
Reports from other BBB’s indicate the following issues with Mo Money Taxes:
- Consumers are complaining that their refunds were promised by the end of Jan but have yet to be received
- Consumers are going to some Mo Money offices and finding them closed
- Consumers tell us that Mo Money doesn’t answer the phone or return calls
- Consumers say that Mo Money blames the delay on IRS problems/computer glitches but some consumers have contacted IRS directly and have been told the refunds have been sent
- There is no official response from the IRS at this point
The regional Better Business Bureau of Western Michigan services 38 counties in western Michigan. Our office is located in the Trust Building, 40 Pearl ST NW STE 354, Grand Rapids MI 49503. 616.774.8236 (Voice) 616.774.2014 (Fax) 800.684.3222 (Toll Free west Michigan ONLY).
The BBB is an unbiased non-profit organization that sets and upholds high standards for fair and honest business behavior. Businesses that earn BBB accreditation contractually agree and adhere to the organization’s high standards of ethical business behavior. The BBB provides objective advice, free business BBB Business Reviews, charity BBB Wise Giving ReportsTM, and educational information on topics affecting marketplace trust. To further promote trust, the BBB offers complaint and dispute resolution support for consumers and businesses when there is difference in viewpoints. The first BBB was founded in 1912. Today, 116 BBBs serve communities across the U.S. and Canada, evaluating and monitoring more than three million local and national businesses and charities. Please visit www.bbb.org for more information about BBB.